Thursday, January 22, 2009

Scarves DELIVERED!

Hello everyone!

it has been a long time posting I know. But I wanted to share something with you that happened a few months back in November when the cold in Colorado was at its worst.

Many of you have stuck with me and donated scarves to my cause of warming the homeless of Denver. I wanted to let you know that your scarves went to amazing homes and I've delivered them all to shelters.

the last delivery was for men, as I did a drive for male scarves last year but then it warmed up and with finals.. well. They got delivered. We took them to the Denver Rescue Mission. albeit a church organization they have several shelters all over Denver and the man behind the one closest to us and in the sketchier area of Denver was SOOOO thrilled to see me pull up. They even posted about us and myself on their website.

He said that this is such an impact and special gift for their shelters to receive. He also took a picture of me and held up the scarves to show them off.

I just wanted to give you a little update. and to let you know all your scarves went to the Denver homeless this winter and I love etsy and its community for helping me do this <3.

thank you ALL! and have a wonderful January.

1 comment:

J-Mi said...

You ROCK! Are you planning on doing another one? A drive, I mean?